November 29, 2009

The Ultimate Medicine

Lately, I've been really struggling with anxiety issues. I really, often, have a problem admiting it because I'm suposed to be "trusting in the Lord" and being "anxious for nothing!" (Two powerful and fundimental passages in Christian daily living.)
However, I'm learning that doesn't happen on it own, or automaticly. For a while the anxiety got so bad, it started tention at home. With 2 or 3 athsma meds that are designed to rev up your system, nervousness IS a comon factor. Consequently, I got to the point I was on edge all the time that I wasn't sleeping.
The Dr decided I should try this medicine. It really floord me, because it was something my husband use to take for depression! I thought, and questioned her how this could help me. She assured me depression and anxiety are opposite ends of the same spectrum. So, reluctantly, I took the samples home and tried them.
After about 4 or 5 days, I wasn't anxious...I barely felt ANYTHING! Finanally, I decided I'd rather be anxious, than feel nothing.
So after about a week or so, after dropping one of the worst breathing meds, I stopped taking the new pills. After 2 or 3 days I cought myself heartily laughing. Sounds odd, I know, but when you haven't done it for a while, it becomes note worthy. I decided almost conclusively this med was not for me.
The past couple days I felt that

Mathew 14:30 But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted. 31 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. "You have so little faith," Jesus said. "Why did you doubt me?"

Just a few mins ago, the Lord took me to the best medicine ever....

Psa 138
5 Yes, they will sing about the LORD's ways, for the glory of the LORD is very great. 6 Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud. 7 Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me.

No comments: